We hope you had a great holiday season and a Happy New Year! It’s 2019 now (how many of you are messing that up every time you write it?) and there’s so much to be excited about now! But, before I get into our plans for Open Seat Gaming for 2019, let’s do a recap of 2018!
First, let me apologize that we’ve been a little missing in action since Sarah and I’s wedding in October. The busy season threw a wrench in our plans and things slowed down here at OSG Headquarters. But, now that the holiday season is over, we plan on getting back on track with twice a week posts.
I’m a numbers person, and I like to see what is going on in my little corner of the world with numbers. So, first, some stats for Open Seat Gaming itself.
- In 2018, we did 93 posts. Here are some facts about those posts.
- 11 were Kickstarter Previews
- 18 were Unboxings
- 6 were Classic Callbacks (which I plan on doing more of this year)
- Our most popular post written in 2018 was Scott’s review of the Gloomhaven insert from the Broken Token
- We now have 53 followers for the Open Seat Gaming site (via WordPress)
- We had almost 3 times as many visitors and views in 2018 than we did in 2017. Wow!
- We are now averaging 1k views monthly (with some variation) – that’s a lot compared to the less than 200 a day we started with!
- Our most popular day had 153 visitors – it was when we previewed Sprawlopolis for our friends at Button Shy!
- The majority of our visitors are from the United States, then Canada and the UK, followed by a bunch of other European countries.
Now, some stats related to how many games that Sarah and I played (many of which we played with Scott, as well).
- We played 233 games, 625 times. Wow!
- 158 of the games we played were new to us.
- 11 of the games were played 9 times each (we got really close to finishing our 10×10, but ran out of time!).
- 36 games were played at least 5 times each.
- Our most played games were Werewords at 21 plays, with Sagrada coming up close behind at 19 plays.
- Here’s my favorite stat – we played with 103 different people. Holy cow!
- Most of our plays were at 2 players (37%), closely followed by 3 players (33%).
- The most common day to game? Saturdays.
It’s been a great year for gaming and we hope to do even more this coming year! Maybe some of you will be included in how many people we game with next year?
Thank you so much for supporting us through 2018! If you like what we’re doing, would you consider throwing a dollar a month at us at our Patreon? Or, if you don’t want to commit monthly, you can use our Paypal to support us, as well! Your support is greatly appreciated, especially right now, as our yearly web hosting costs are coming up.
Game On, and Happy New Year!
Marti Mahood-Wormuth, “The Fluffy Meeple,” Editor