Now, what everyone wants to know – what sorts of things did you play while you were away, Marti and Sarah? Sarah did an awesome job of putting together lists for us to publish.
We were with Sarah’s family for the week (they live just outside of the city), so we got some gaming in with the kids.
- Ghost Blitz
We started the week off right and, as a result, we played tons of games while making new friends at the same time! Some were played before the doors opened, others were played at the demo room, and even others were played well into the evening with the amazing people from To Die For Games.
- Ghost Blitz
- Times Up (Improvised)
- Arboretum (CABS Board Room)
- Barenpark (Mayfair Demo w/ Donna, Josh + 1) – Sarah Only
- That’s a Question! (CGE Demo w/ Donna and Josh)
- Codenames Duet ( CGE Demo w/ Mandi teaching)
- Sagrada (CABS Board Room w/ Brad & Amanda of Board Games w/ Panda (BGP))
- Avenue (BGP, Stephane, Tracy & Ralph)
- Rolling America
On Thursday, the exhibition hall was open and, because of that, we got to try out some awesome demos that different publishing companies had going on. That afternoon, we went to the Greatway Games meetup (which was a lot of fun), then we went to the PunchBoard Media meetup. Finally, we went to Nerd Night, which helps to raise funds for a local Children’s Hospital. Lots of great gaming, late into the night!
- Shiba Inu House
- Okey Dokey
- Pandemic: The Cure (Patrick Hillier, Jamie Maltman, & Erin of Greatway)
- Honshu (Nicole & Erin of Greatway, Foz, + 1, – Marti)
- Adrenaline (Many people @ Punchboard Media) Won @ raffle
- Happy Salmon (Many people @ Nerd Night)
- Flipships ( Brad w/ BGP & Andrew Smith @ Nerd Night
- Deception: Murder in Hong Kong (Many people @ Nerd Night)
Friday, we had an awesome time taking Sarah’s younger cousins (Eddie and Celia) with us to the con. So, we played a bunch of great little games with them, too. Lots of demos and free stuff!
- Sarah’s Cousin Eddie’s Game (Realm of Darkness). Impressive for a 7th grader, let me tell you!
- Wits & Wagers
- Rhino Hero: Super Battle
- Happy Salmon
- Supersized Codenames
- That’s a Question!
- Dicebot MegaFun
Saturday was a nice, relaxed day for Sarah and I, so we kind of wandered around and got in some demos and tried out some of the games that we had wanted to see that we hadn’t yet. We went to the Awards that night, and then Dice Tower Live as well – great times!
- WereWords Demo
- Giant Junk Art
- Kerala Demo
- Dominion: Empires
- Bohnanza: The Duel
- Carcassonne: The City (Board Room)
- Kerala (Board Room)
- Cacao (Board Room)
Last day of the con. It was shorter than other days, but still got some good stuff in.
- Dicebot MegaFun (BGP)
- Carcassonne: The Castle (Board Room)
- Vast: The Crystal Caverns demo
- Deception: Murder in Hong Kong
- The Godfather: Corleone’s Empire demo (CMON 2/4 acts)
Those of you who gamed with us, thank you so much for doing so! We really did have an awesome time and loved getting to know everyone.
For the rest of the week, there are a handful of other things that we plan on doing. Sarah has a quick overview of her demo of Barenpark, I plan on doing one with Codenames: Duet, and we will be knocking out more as time goes on. Stick around and enjoy the content dump!
Marti – The Fluffy Meeple